Sunday, December 24, 2006

Adieu



I bid goodbye to one of my cars this week, my trusty W124 Mercedes Benz. Its 2.6 Liter straight six still produces enough torque to shift its back end out on turns - I love this car, many many great memories attached to it.

I'm only letting it go because its being bought out by a restoration fanatic and I've run out of space in my garage and consequently I don't want the old babe standing out in the gazillion degree Dubai weather.

My fleet has included Honda, Nissan, Toyota, BMW and Mercedes - and I'll be a Benz fan for life, - they're superb cars.

3 comments:

Neelofer said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Neelofer said...

Ah yes, it's painful to let your car go, isn't it? I cried when I got an offer for the BMW (I just don't want to let go). I will still cry the day the guy comes to take it away from me. My trusty car has taken me places and we've both been in situations we don't wish anyone would want to be in (e-window just wouldn't open when I needed to pay the attendant at the gas station, some f*cked up bus driver damaged the entire passenger side. I will never ever forget that day. The sweet memories...:o(

nick said...

Aww...I had nice memories in the car too bro! Sorry to see it go, but your new car definitely has a thumbs up from me when we're rocketing along Shk Zayed road!