Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Windows Live Mail Beta - Redefining Slowmotion

My almost decade old Hotmail account .. is now a windows "Live" mail account - which is much in part my own doing.

But the successor to Hotmail is far from "Live", sure it looked cool at first with its minimalist design, 2 Gig space, the ability to change colors at a click and server side scripting. And at first I thought to myself that my favorite email provider finally did something right. I was wrong.

The "Live" or should i say Barely Live Beta is woefully slow.

My pet dog could probably evolve a brain, invent the warp drive, build a replica of the Starship Enterprise, then go on an interplanetary expedition, fight a war with another species, come back, marry another dog and have pups - and windows dead mail beta would still be "working on my request" ...

Engage. Woof Woof..

3 comments:

Kiwi Boy said...

I had switched to 'live' Beta a while ago. Now I'm stuck with it.. sometimes it refuses to load my messages. Just won't show them in its tiny window.

The Bann said...

there IS a way back ...

nick said...

Ugh..I switched to the beta for like 1 week and then opted out - absolute crap! You're rite hon - it's way too slow and fancy-shmancy! You could probably go finish Halo 2 in between email requests!